Thursday, August 4, 2016

Introduction into Differentiation

Hello to my class at National University - MAT674 Differentiated Instruction,

I have never used a blog before and hope it all works to provide some input into my goals ant National University.  I am a retired PGA golf professional of 23 years.  I have three beautiful children who all attend Catholic School in Orange County.  About 6 years ago when I retired my 2 boys who attend Servite High School questioned me.  They said, "hey dad, you want us to go to college but you never did."  So I took the challenge and decided to return to college.  I graduated in 2014 with a B.A. in Liberal Studies.  I loved it so much I decided to continue on and obtain my Masters in Education after receiving my single-subject credential in Science.  I now teach 7-8th grade science at Sycamore Middle School in Anaheim.

I practice the art and science of differentiation on a daily basis.  The premise I follow is taking an interest in every student.  Preparing and pre-planning lessons that involve real-world applications which hopefully interest my students is key to motivating learning.  I hope to gain further valuable insight into this fantastic idea of teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment